I discovered probably the most wonderful Copycat Starbucks Iced Lemon Poundcake Recipe on Pinterest, and it’s to-die-for! This iced lemon poundcake is the proper addition to your Easter brunch lineup, or springtime deal with!
Iced Lemon Pound Cake – Recipe from Plated Cravings
For the Poundcake
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 massive eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice, about 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
For the Lemon Syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, about 1 lemon
- 3 Tbsp powdered sugar
For the Lemon Icing
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1.5 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Grease a 9×5-inch (or 8×4-inch) loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl mix the flour, baking powder, lemon zest, and salt. Put aside.
- Within the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or utilizing an electrical mixer), cream the butter and sugar collectively at medium-high pace till pale and fluffy, about 4-6 minutes. Scrape the edges of the bowl as wanted.
- With the mixer working on low-speed, add the eggs one after the other, then beat within the vanilla extract and lemon juice. Beat on medium-high pace till mixed.
- With the mixer on low, add about one-third of the flour combination and blend till nearly mixed, then add half the buttermilk and blend till simply mixed. Repeat with one other third of flour combination after which the final half of the buttermilk, ending with the final third of the flour. Beat till simply integrated.
- Scrape the batter into the ready loaf pan and bake for 45-55 minutes till the cake is golden brown and a toothpick comes out largely clear with solely a pair moist crumbs. Baking occasions range, so control yours.
- Let the cake cool for about quarter-hour within the pan. Stir collectively the lemon juice and confectioners’ sugar for the lemon syrup. Fastidiously invert the loaf pan, and switch the cake to a cooling rack, then brush the syrup on the cake whereas it’s nonetheless heat. Enable cake to chill utterly.
- When the cake is cooled, mix all of the icing substances, begin with 1 tbsp lemon juice and milk and add the remaining lemon juice as wanted. The icing ought to be thick and never runny. Pour icing over cake and let dry earlier than serving.